Placeter app works on iPhone and Android phones. Which means, if your family member has an Android phone model and you have an iPhone model you can both use Placeter app!
Phone OS Requirements:
- Apple iOS minimum 11.0
- Android minimum 4.2
Help Alert function allows your closed ones to receive a notification with your current location so you can get the assistance you need. Emergency contacts are people you would like to contact in case of emergency. In order to receive a Help Alert notification and to see your location they should also install Placeter app and join your group.
To Invite a new member to your Group:
1. Go to the main Map screen
2. Press plus “+” button
3. Choose a contact from your Contact list to send an invite
4. Send invitation and wait until the other member installs the app and accepts your invite
To Join a Group:
1. Go to the main Map screen
2. Press ‘My Groups’ on top right corner
3. Press ‘Join Group’ button
4. Enter the invitation code you received via sms from your friend/family member etc.
5. Press ‘>’ button to confirm Group join to Group
1. Accuracy depends on many factors, such as your environment, GPS, WiFi, location services and etc.
2. First of all, make sure that all location services are turned ON, including WiFi and GPS. Your Circle members’ location sharing services should also be turned ON on their phones.
3. Location Settings need to be set to “Always”. Using the setting “While in Use” will NOT allow the Placeter app to work correctly or maintain location accurately.
4. Please note, turning ON WiFi on your device dramatically improves location accuracy, even if you are not currently connected to a WiFi network.
5. Placeter app MUST be allowed to use cellular data in order to function properly.
If you do not wish to receive low battery alerts for members of your Group:
1. Go to User’s Profile
2. Turn Off Battery Alert in ‘Activity’ section
NOTE: There is no way to hide your battery level from others unless you turn off location sharing, which will also prevent you from being located.
Yes! To delete Location History, go to Menu > My Profile > Swipe down through the screen > Tap on ‘Clear History’. If you are sure, confirm this action on popup.
Without all the doubt! The Placeter app is virus-free, malware-free, certified and approved by the Apple App Store. Remember to only download apps from the Google Play Store or Apple iTunes and not from any other source. If you downloaded Placeter from a different source, we recommend deleting the app immediately.
1. Payment will be charged to iTunes at confirmation of purchase.
2. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
3. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off in App Store.
4. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Follow the steps below to find easy way for canceling Subscription.
NOTE: Deleting your account or uninstalling the app will NOT cancel your subscription.
For iOS Subscribers:
1. Open the iTunes & App Store on your iPhone device
2. Tap ‘Featured’ from the menu at the bottom
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap your Apple ID
4. Tap View Apple ID. If necessary, enter your Apple ID and password > tap OK
5. On the Account Settings screen, scroll down and tap ‘Manage App Subscriptions’
6. Tap the subscription which you would like to manage, then choose a subscription category
7. Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription offering, or cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
For Android Subscribers (Google Wallet Subscribers):
Call Google Wallet at +1 855- 836-3987 (press #1)
Or, log into your Google Play account to manage your subscriptions here: https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions
Firstly, we want to apologize for any bad experience and inconvenience this has caused you.
- If you have already been billed:
If you didn’t mean to make the purchase but have already been billed, you can request a refund. NOTE: Only Apple has the authoritative power to terminate an active subscription halfway, and furthermore, to issue a refund to you for the accidental and unintended purchase.
Below is the complete guide on how to cancel your current subscription and request a refund:
1. Open the inbox of your Apple ID email, find the billing notification email sent by Apple detailing the purchase. Take a note of the order ID (this will be later used during the phone call with Apple)
2. Open https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201232
3. Find and dial Apple’s support number for your country or region. (the phone call may last more than 10 minutes)
4. When prompted to choose the subject of your inquiry, select the ones around the line of “iTunes App Store” and “Purchasing and Billing”, until you get to an Apple representative.
5. Tell Apple that the purchase was accidental and not intended, and state your request for a refund for it.
- If you haven’t been charged:
If you haven’t been charged, please follow the steps below to first check if you have started a free trial or currently have an active subscription, and furthermore, cancel the auto-renewal of it, to avoid unintended costs:
1. Go into your iOS device’s “Settings”
2. Tap on “iTunes & App Stores”
3. Tap on your Apple ID at the top
4. Select “View Apple ID”
5. Tap “Subscriptions”
6. Tap to manage the subscription to the app (if there is)
7. Tap “Cancel Trial” or “Cancel Subscription”
NOTE: Make sure to cancel the auto-renewal of your free trial or active subscription more than 24 hours before the renewal date, otherwise your subscription might renew.
NO! In order to find your location using Placeter, user should receive your permission by:
1. Installing Placeter app
2. Creating and logging into Placeter account
3. Accepting an invitation (with unique code) to join that user’s Group
NOTE: As soon as you have logout of Placeter app or you have turned off your Location Sharing setting, your location will no longer update.
Placeter is an opt-in app that values privacy and security of all our customers. Consequently, there is no way to follow someone ‘secretly’. In order to see someone’s location, this person should create Placeter account and accept the invitation on their own device. There is no way to accept remotely an invite for someone else.